Skip to main content

Seeking You Now

While I'm working on my next post, I will post today the lyrics of the last song I uploaded to this site. The song is titled, Seeking You Now. As always, here is my disclaimer that I am not a professional keyboardist, etc. 😊 I hope everyone is having a blessed start to their week.

-->
Seeking You Now (Psalm 19)

I’m seeking You now
Know my heart; know my intent.
Know that I’m seeking to be Your close friend
Make my heart blameless
I’m seeking you now.

Convert my soul
In Your perfect Word
Make me simple with Your
Testimony sure
My heart rejoice
In Your right Word
Enlighten my eyes with Your
Commandments that are pure

Enduring forever, righteous altogether
More than gold, sweeter than the honeycomb

Exalted and loved
Proclaimed and affirmed
Pouring out exhortation to
The ends of the Earth
Without using words
The heavens declare
The beauty of Your glory
Revealing You’re true and holy

Enduring forever, righteous altogether
More than gold, sweeter than the honeycomb

He’s chasing after me
Out of His chamber, running the race
Chasing after me
My soul can you feel it, enter His embrace

Chasing after me
Out of His chamber, running the race
Chasing after me
My soul can you feel it (3x)
My soul can you feel it (3x)

I’m seeking You now
Know my heart; know my intent
Know that I’m seeking to be Your close friend
Make my heart blameless

I’m seeking You now
Forgive my faults; forget my sins
Give me a hunger and thirst once again
Make my heart blameless
I’m seeking You now

- - - seeking You now
He’s chasing after me
Out of His chamber, running the race
Chasing after me
My soul can you feel it, enter His embrace
Now
Seeking You now - - -

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insignificance: Parable of the Lost Son

Hello! Women's Prayer Call Series: Parable of the Lost Son Today I want to share my thoughts on the parable of the lost son which is found in Luke 15 verses 11 through 32. When I read through this parable last week, I felt led to talk about the struggle of feeling mentally lost and insignificant because of where you are right now - whatever those circumstances may be. I want you to look at this story and see how Jesus is telling us that God cares a lot about the wellbeing of each and every one of us. I want to encourage you to see how valuable you are to God right where you are. So you know where I’m going with this. Here’s a quick summary of the parable, and I think it’s a good idea to read it in the context of all of chapter 15. Jesus starts with a story of a man losing one of his sheep; he describes how the man leaves the other 99 sheep to go after the 1 that was lost. When the man finds the lost sheep, he puts the sheep on his shoulders, brings it home, and gathers his friends ...

Advice, Short & Sweet

The chapters I've read and reflected on for the past couple of days had good advice that stood out to me here and there. I noticed an overriding theme that wisdom comes through controlling our hearts, reactions, and in checking how we relate with other people. Below is a list of verses that were key for me. Proverbs 16 gives good instruction on having wisdom over your emotions and spirit. 16:2 : This verse tells us that the Lord weighs our spirit. It's not enough to do the right things. God wants our motivations to be pure and righteous too. 16:20 : Here we see that using wisdom to handle the issues we face will bring about good results. We also learn that trusting in God, will bring us happiness. 16:32 : Here is encouragement to temper our anger. Don't let it fly off the handle. God tells us that controlling our angry emotions and spirit makes us strong. Proverbs 17 gives good instruction on having wisdom in how we treat each other. 17:15 : We should treat each...

The Expanse

I participated in a Zoom prayer call tonight with other women at my church and at the end I just had that feeling of loveliness. It felt good, it felt connected, and it made me want to connect with God even more. I opened my Bible and read Jeremiah 2:2 .  Go and proclaim in the hearing of Jerusalem, Thus says the Lord, “I remember the devotion of your youth, your love as a bride, how you followed me in the wilderness, in a land not sown.” My thoughts after reading this was: Lord increase my wonder of You.  When things are brand new we have a strong urge to learn more, seek more, engage more. When the shine wears off, we become complacent and less interested. Maybe it’s because we feel we’ve learned all we need to know. Maybe it’s because we are too comfortable in the now. Maybe it’s because we can’t see the possibility of there being so much more for us to gain.  When it comes to my spirit and You, God, please open my eyes to see the expanse of all that you have for me to...