Skip to main content

Cast My Cares On You

 Tonight I spent some time with my prayer group discussing what it means to "cast our cares" on Jesus. How do we let him carry our burdens? Do we actually do it, or do we pick them back up? It was a thought-provoking question that reminded me of reading through my old journals and seeing how I laid my frustrations and fears out on the pages. It is amazing, to look back and see how God had taken care of my burdens. I had a wonderful conversation with my mother this past weekend about how God makes you strong enough to endure your experiences and how what we see as "evil"/"negative" in our lives, can be important for our growth, for our breakthrough, and as my pastor says - important medicine for someone else's needs.

These thoughts led me to write and record a song talking about allowing God to bring you through life's difficulties, even though it's natural to want to rush past the process. I've shared it here and hope you enjoy it. (Link is in the song title. You have to download it before listening.)

Cast My Cares on You

See—

See the stars and moon

See the flowers that bloom

The rocks and seas cry out to You

See—

See the hills and lakes

See the mountains shake

Nothing can compare to Your praise

Ooo—

I will not be moved

From this place You’ve brought me to

Ooo—

I will trust in You

Let You guide me through—

The shadows

Watch ‘em turn gray

The worries

Watch ‘em fade away

Like the dark of night gets chased by day

The silence

Listen as breaks

The burdens

I will let You take

Walking out my faith,

I’ll cast my cares on You

See—

See my God who hears

See His heart draw near

Your quiet voice whispers so clear

See—

When I cannot see

Your perfect plan for me

All He needs is my belief

That Ooo—

I won’t break in two

My world is safe in You

And Ooo—

There’s nothing You can’t do

My hope is stayed on You

The shadows

Watch ‘em turn gray

The worries

Watch ‘em fade away

Like the dark of night gets chased by day

The silence

Listen as breaks

The burdens

I will let You take

Walking out my faith,

I’ll cast my cares on You

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insignificance: Parable of the Lost Son

Hello! Women's Prayer Call Series: Parable of the Lost Son Today I want to share my thoughts on the parable of the lost son which is found in Luke 15 verses 11 through 32. When I read through this parable last week, I felt led to talk about the struggle of feeling mentally lost and insignificant because of where you are right now - whatever those circumstances may be. I want you to look at this story and see how Jesus is telling us that God cares a lot about the wellbeing of each and every one of us. I want to encourage you to see how valuable you are to God right where you are. So you know where I’m going with this. Here’s a quick summary of the parable, and I think it’s a good idea to read it in the context of all of chapter 15. Jesus starts with a story of a man losing one of his sheep; he describes how the man leaves the other 99 sheep to go after the 1 that was lost. When the man finds the lost sheep, he puts the sheep on his shoulders, brings it home, and gathers his friends ...

Advice, Short & Sweet

The chapters I've read and reflected on for the past couple of days had good advice that stood out to me here and there. I noticed an overriding theme that wisdom comes through controlling our hearts, reactions, and in checking how we relate with other people. Below is a list of verses that were key for me. Proverbs 16 gives good instruction on having wisdom over your emotions and spirit. 16:2 : This verse tells us that the Lord weighs our spirit. It's not enough to do the right things. God wants our motivations to be pure and righteous too. 16:20 : Here we see that using wisdom to handle the issues we face will bring about good results. We also learn that trusting in God, will bring us happiness. 16:32 : Here is encouragement to temper our anger. Don't let it fly off the handle. God tells us that controlling our angry emotions and spirit makes us strong. Proverbs 17 gives good instruction on having wisdom in how we treat each other. 17:15 : We should treat each...

The Expanse

I participated in a Zoom prayer call tonight with other women at my church and at the end I just had that feeling of loveliness. It felt good, it felt connected, and it made me want to connect with God even more. I opened my Bible and read Jeremiah 2:2 .  Go and proclaim in the hearing of Jerusalem, Thus says the Lord, “I remember the devotion of your youth, your love as a bride, how you followed me in the wilderness, in a land not sown.” My thoughts after reading this was: Lord increase my wonder of You.  When things are brand new we have a strong urge to learn more, seek more, engage more. When the shine wears off, we become complacent and less interested. Maybe it’s because we feel we’ve learned all we need to know. Maybe it’s because we are too comfortable in the now. Maybe it’s because we can’t see the possibility of there being so much more for us to gain.  When it comes to my spirit and You, God, please open my eyes to see the expanse of all that you have for me to...